- Administrative and Public
- Litigation: Commercial, Personal Injury
- Public Utility
- Appellate: Civil, Legislative / Campaign, Civil Rights, Contract
Bradford E. Bullock defends local governments and their officials in complex state and federal litigation claims, including land-use matters, civil rights claims, employment matters and development agreements, to name a few. He has a long-standing relationship with the Texas Municipal League Intergovernmental Risk Pool and is recognized as one of the top municipal land-use attorneys in the state by TMLIRP. Brad has also served as a city attorney, deputy city attorney and assistant city attorney for various cities over his career. Brad is a frequent lecturer and author on land-use, immunity, and other continuing education topics of interest to cities. He is a member of Texas City Attorneys Association, the San Antonio Federal Bar Association, the Government Lawyers Section of the State Bar and can be found swinging a hammer at his forge when he isn't in a courtroom or council chamber somewhere in Texas.
- Messer, Fort & McDonald – Partner
- Russell Rodriguez Hyde Bullock, LLP – Partner
- Knight & Associates – Attorney
- McKamie Krueger & Knight - Partner
- City of San Antonio – Assistant City Attorney first in the Municipal Court then the Civil Litigation Division
- Texas House of Representatives: attorney during the 75th legislative session
MEMBERSHIPS & COMMUNITY RELATED ACTIVITIES
- Texas Bar Association
- Texas City Attorneys Association
- San Antonio Federal Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas, Government Law Section
- Texas Bar College Member (past)
- International Municipal Lawyers Association (past)
CASES OF NOTE
- Preston Hollow Capital, L.L.C. v. Cottonwood Dev. Corp., 23 F.4th 550 (5th Cir. 2022).
- City of Hutto v. Legacy Hutto, LLC, No. 07-21-00089-CV, 2022 WL 2811856, at *1 (Tex. App.—Amarillo July 18, 2022, no pet.), reh'g denied (Sept. 21, 2022).
- City of Buda v. N.M. Edificios LLC, No. 07-20-00284-CV, 2021 WL 1522458 (Tex. App.—Amarillo Apr. 16, 2021, pet. denied).
- N.A.A.C.P. v. City of Kyle, Tex., 626 F.3d 233 (5th Cir. 2010).
- Tips for Drafting Government Contracts and Documents, 2022 Advanced Government Law CLE
- First Amendment and Land Use for Public and Private Uses, 26th Annual UT Law CLE Land Use Conference
- Local Zoning Authority and the Fair Housing Act: A Balancing Act, 19th UT Law CLE Land Use Conference
- Recent Fair Housing Act Cases of Interest to Cities, 2010 IMLA Mid-Year Seminar
- The ABC’s of SOB’s, TXAPA 2013
- Local Regulation of Sexually Oriented Businesses, 19th Annual Suing and Defending Governmental Entities
- US Supreme Court
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Texas Northern District Court
- Texas Southern District/Bankruptcy Court
- Texas Western District Court
St. Mary’s University School of Law, J.D. 1995
St. Mary’s University, B.A. International Relations, Magna Cum Laude 1992